Hey Guys, I am here today with a drugstore foundation review. Whenever my foundations end I always like to try a different one no matter how in love I am with the previous one. This time round I thought I’d try out a drugstore foundation. I wanted to see what their matte foundations were all about and if they are just as good as some high end foundations out there at the moment .
I purchased the Maybelline Fit Me foundation as I’ve seen some good reviews about it and as I have oily skin I heard this was good. I went to boots and as I recall I purchased this foundation for £4.99.
- Consistency of the foundation is good but you would have to build it up for full coverage but I like that in a way as I can use this foundation in the day and night, building it up for a night look
- Last long on your face and does reduces some pores on your face but not all unless you add more foundation on your face
- I would say it does give a matte finish look but I wouldn’t say completely matte, well not for a lonng time.
- Not enough colour shade options for your darker skin/chocolate girls. I am not sure if they stock more colours or if there’s more options but this is all they had in boots for shade range. I purchased the colour 352 which is too dark for me but will probably suit me when I’ve been on a holiday maybe
- The colour chart isn’t wide enough for the Fit Me foundation and the colour of the foundation is not a warm tone , more of a grey tone so I have to mix it with my concealer, La Girl Pro Concealer in the colour Fawn as it’s a much warmer concealer and makes a more warmer foundation which I want
- Even though I said it does reduce some pours this is only when I build up a lot of foundation on my face which is not what I want to do during the day. I want a more natural look for the day time
I try and be as honest I can with my reviews because I don’t want you just make out i love every product, but my actual thoughts on them. Please remember this is just how the foundation works for me and compared to my preferences.
Let me know if you have tried this foundation out and your thoughts on it. Also let me know what foundations are you using at the moment, I’m always on the look out for a new foundation.
With Love, Yv x